Social Icons

.

09 January 2013

Interview with Rachael Wade

Amaranth (The Resistance Trilogy #1) Knowledge Changes Everything…
Hoodoo-influenced Southern Louisiana seems like the perfect place for Camille to escape her abusive past and dysfunctional family. She doesn’t expect to fall in love with the handsome Gavin Devereaux and plummet into the world of Amaranth, a place of exile for reformed vampires.

Wrestling to escape a deadly ex-boyfriend while giving Gavin a chance, Camille is confronted with decisions that threaten not only her life, but the lives of her inhuman friends she has come to love. Entangled in her friends’ quest for freedom, she dives into their realm and faces the threats of Amaranth’s ruler—the mother of all vampires—and her own inner demons.

Now Camille must decide whether she will derail her life and make the ultimate sacrifice for the monsters that interrupted her bumpy path back to sanity—what she still wants so desperately—or escape with Gavin before it’s too late for both of them.

The Gates (The Resistance Trilogy #2)
Getting There is Half the Battle.

Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin's risky crusade.

Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn't always go according to plan.

As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.

 

The Tragedy of Knowledge (The Resistance Trilogy #3)

 

   The Battle Comes Home.

After arranging a hopeful but risky alliance during their visit to the Amaranthian realm, Camille, Gavin, and the resistance don’t have much time to recover from their failed mission. Forced to create a new strategy to achieve their goal, they embark on a different mission—one that possibly holds the missing key to their quest for victory, and their deadliest one yet.

As they attempt round two to restore peace and freedom for their kind, they must rely on help from the living, the bayous, and beyond to decipher allies from enemies, good magic from bad, and whether the source claiming to lead the way to their destiny can be trusted. Racing against the clock to solve the mystery of their fate, they find the battle has come right to their doorstep, and this time, everyone must pay a price.

 

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I started to write very young, since second grade. I am a big movie fan, so one of the first things I wrote when I was a kid was a screenplay. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I wanted to write for films and write novels some day. I didn’t decide to write professionally until later when I was in college, after trying many different jobs. I didn’t realize I could actually write for a living and be successful. Had I known that, I would have started sooner. :) I was a freelance writer first, and then started working on my own novels.

2) Tell me something about you and your book Amaranth the first one in the series The Resistance Trilogy.

Amaranth was my debut novel. I had so much fun writing it because the concept idea came to me while I was in Louisiana, visiting the places in the book. Café des Amis, Breaux Bridge, and New Iberia, where Gavin lives, are ll real places and I had the privilege to visit them. So, seeing the bayous and the places in the book helped when it came time to write the setting and create the mood for the trilogy.

3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

Yes, and yes. :) I really loved Joel, right away. He’s the type of guy friend I think many girls would love to have. He’s very down-to-earth, loyal, and he tells it like it is. He was fun to write. I also love Samira. She is the villain, but she was the most fun to write and I fell in love with her in books 2 and 3. Camille was frustrating to write at times because in the first book, she’s very insecure and fearful, so her emotions were all over the place. I liked her much better in book two as she develops, and by the third book, I loved her and she wasn’t as hard to write.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

I visited Louisiana before I started writing, and as the story developed, I had to learn about Voodoo and Hoodoo. Magic is a big part of the series, so I had to research that quite a bit, and then I just put my own spin on it. Seeing the bayous was very inspiring and it gave me the idea for the portal that opens up to Amaranth’s realm.

 5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

There isn’t one specific book, no. I read a lot of paranormal romance, fantasy, and YA, so I’ve been inspired by a wide range of stories. Lord of the Rings and Tim Burton movies were my main sources of inspiration for the Amaranth concept. In general, I’m inspired by Cormac McCarthy, Sylvia Plath, and Guy de Maupassant, and contemporary writers like Jennifer L. Armentrout and Veronica Roth.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

Yes! Thank you so  much to my Romanian readers. At this time, my work is not published in your country or language, but I hope to see it available there someday soon. For now, you can find my paperbacks in English at BookDepository.com, or through Amazon Kindle. If you’d like to see my work in Romania, please leave reviews on Goodreads and spread the word if you like my books. The more interest that is generated in your country, the better chance of it being picked up and published in your language. :)

Thank you so much for having me today. It is an honor to speak with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates