Social Icons

.

25 July 2013

Interview with Kasie West the author of Pivot Point

Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

Thank you Ms. West for this interview!

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I was a reader first. I never thought about writing until I got older. I just knew I loved books and I loved to read them. But one day, I thought of an idea for a book and told my husband about it. He said, that's a great idea, you should try and write it. That book was not Pivot Point. But I did write it and finish it and I loved it so much that I kept writing.


2) Tell me something about you and your book Pivot Point.

Pivot Point is about a girl who when faced with a choice has the power to see two futures. So the book is essentially that: a choice, followed by the two paths she has to pick from. As for something about me....hmmm....well, I'm the mother of four--3 daughters and 1 son--and a very big dog.


3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

When I am writing, I feel like my characters are like my kids. I have to get inside their heads. I spend a lot of time with them. And all my characters at some point or another give me headaches (kind of like my real children). :) It usually comes from not knowing what they need to do next or trying to figure out how they would deal with a situation. We usually work it out and I love them again. My characters, that is. I always love my real kids (even when they give me headaches).


4) How have you done your research for this novel?

I spent some time researching technological advancements. And of course, I researched Texas. But since a lot of it came from my mind since it's really a fictional place, I just spent a lot of time thinking about my characters and what kind of place they would live in if they had advanced minds.


5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

There isn't a specific book that inspired me as a writer. Like I said in question one, I love so many books. Books in general inspire me. As for Pivot Point, specifically, it was inspired by the movie Sliding Doors.


6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

Yes! I'm so grateful for my fans all over the world. I love that books bring us together. Thank you so much for your support. It would be so amazing to visit Romania some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates